Component Engineering Services
ComplianceXL offers a variety of Component Engineering Services to clients across different industries such as Hi-tech Electronics, Industrial Automation, Telecom and Medical.
Our value proposition is to deliver streamlined component data that can help optimize the supply chain function, as well as empower engineering teams to leverage the internal component/BOM database . We render services to leading OEMs, Contract manufacturers, Component manufacturers, Component Distributors, as well as Product Development companies across the globe.
Most companies have over the years developed a large BOM repository, a lot of which is unstructured, inaccurate or outdated, making it a poor source of information or analytics. While this data may reside inside a PLM, the data quality issues prevent internal users from really leveraging the power of the PLM system itself.
Solutions for Component Engineering
- BOM Cleansing
- Validating Part Numbers
- Standardizing Manufacturer Names
- Commodity Classification
- Creating Part Descriptions
- Life Cycle Management
- Component Event Monitoring Services
- Part Obsolescence Management
- Component Cross Reference
- Item Master Consolidation
- Consolidating component databases
- De-duplication and cross referencing
- Identification of high risk components
- Internal Part Number assignment
- BOM Cost Reduction
- Purchase consolidation
- Identification of lower cost alternates
- Low Cost Country (LCC) sourcing
- Create road map for a central component repository
- Design Internal Part Numbering systems
- Develop commodity coding system
- Component Database Architecture
- Data schema / taxonomy development
ComplianceXL offers BOM Analysis services to identify any issues in your Bill of Materials. Having an accurate and up-to-date BOM, complete with information on the life cycle stage and compliance certifications, will improve efficiency in engineering, supply chain, and manufacturing by ensuring reliable information is easily available.
Read more about BOM Analysis
The BOM Validation services assure that the Bill of Materials (BOM) are of high quality and can be easily verified. It provides quality assurance to the BOM validation process is critical in a manufacturing process to ensure that their products are well-designed, well-manufactured, and meet regulatory standards. It also helps them determine if they will be able to meet their customer’s expectations.
Read more about BOM Services